North East Christian University, Dimapur and Christian Institute of Management, Chennai have come to a collaborative academic agreement to train the Church and NGO leaders in the North Eastern states. The first program offered is a certificate programme on Church and NGO Management.
The main objective of the programme is to build managerial capacity of Church and NGO leaders through a systematic process of learning. This is aimed at providing solutions to the Management challenges of Churches, Missions and NGOs.
The leaders trained, will practice biblical management principles and discharge their current and future responsibilities effectively and efficiently
- The leaders and the organisations comply with the law of the land.
- Churches and other NPOs will have high levels of accountability standards.
Pastors of Churches, and Pastorate Committee Members
- Leaders of Ministries and NGOs.
- Bible College Faculty & Graduates.
- Professionals in the Government and corporate field who are / would like to get involved in the leadership responsibilities of Churches /ministries / NPOs.
The basic eligibility is University Graduation in any subject. Those who have completed theological studies from Serampore / ATA at the Graduate level also would be admitted.
ADMISSION FEES: ₹ 10,000 (Inclusive of study materials and Certificate on successful course completion).
BATCH COMMENCEMENT DATE: 22nd July 2019 at NECU Anchor Complex, Dimapur.
The resource persons are national level experts in the specified areas with academic qualifications and practical experience.
After the workshop, the learners will be brought under small groups based on their geographical location (city-based) or online cohorts. They would meet as respective groups once a month to discuss mutually and learn the subjects.
The participants are provided exclusive self-learning study materials which deals with practical managerial and legal challenges faced by churches and NPOs. The material uses conversational language and have case studies, exercises etc. to understand the subject in depth. The courses are provided in biblical perspective. The online course in addition, will have video lectures, video conferences and discussion forums.
Certificate in Church and NGO Management will be awarded for those who have successfully completed the course requirements. This will be jointly certified by North East Christian University and Christian Institute of Management.
ONLINE PLATFORM AND REQUIREMENTS:
CIM uses the Online Platform powered by Moodle as its Learning Management System. The learners need to have the following basic requirements to do the online programmes.
- Desktop / Laptop with good internet connectivity
- Computer Literacy and ability to log in and access the learning materials
- Willingness to follow Discussion forums (offline) / Webinars
The duration of the programme is six months. One month grace period will be given for the completion of requirements to be eligible for the certification.
The evaluation of each course consists of three components:
- Quiz – Quiz would be conducted at the beginning of each day of the workshop on the topics learnt the previous day. (10% of total marks).
- Workbook – The candidates will fill up the work book and submit it for evaluation at two stages. (60% of total marks).
- Course Paper – the learners would choose specific area of study from among a list of five topics and would submit a paper based on field/desk study. (30% of total marks).
- Online exams (objective type) – To be conducted at the end of each unit (weekly basis) – (40% of total marks).
- Assignments – One question from each unit to be answered in 250 words (40% of total marks).
- Learning Engagement – Participation in Video Conference for every course, timely completion of tests and quality participation in Discussion Forum – (20% of total marks).
The candidates need to have satisfactory performance (50%) in each course to be eligible for the certificate.
The Certificate programme consists of two modular courses and one online course. Each of the courses is presented from biblical perspective and addressing the practical issues faced by the leaders.
Courses – MODULAR STREAM (6 credits each)
- Financial Management
- Legal Requirements
Courses – ONLINE STREAM (3 credits)
- Foundations on Management and Leadership